of our learners would recommend us
of our learners have passed their EPA with a Merit or Distinction
of employers would recommend us
of traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
What is an apprenticeship and how will it benefit me?
You have probably heard the word apprenticeship spoken about before, and quite simply, an apprenticeship is a job that comes with training so you are employed to do a real job while studying for a qualification. When your apprenticeship comes to an end usually between 1 and 2 years, you will have gained the skills you need to succeed in the career you have chosen or progress onto the next apprenticeship level if you wish.
Apprenticeships were first introduced in the UK in 1994, and their popularity has spiralled over the last few years, with many young people opting for an apprenticeship over going to university.
When studying for an apprenticeship, your course will be broken down into levels and are equivalent to as follows:
- 2 (Intermediate): GCSEs
- 3 (Advanced): A-levels
- 4 (Higher): foundation degree
- 5 (Higher): foundation degree/first year of bachelor’s degree
- 6 (Degree): bachelor’s degree
- 7 (Degree): master’s degree
The most popular and most available levels of apprenticeships are Levels, 2, 3 & 5 so you can expect to see these advertised more frequently. You will work a minimum of 30 hours a week, including any training. 20% of your apprenticeship will also be spent completing off-the-job training.
There are many so many benefits to starting an apprenticeship, with just a handful below:
- Gain experience and skills that employers want
- Earn a nationally recognised qualification
- Enjoy a salary of at least the apprentice minimum wage
- Pay no learning costs, debt or student finance
- Receive all employee benefits including holiday pay, sick pay and perks
- Begin work straight from school leaving age at 16
- Meet new people and challenges
And last but not least, you can apply for a FREE NUS Extra Apprentice Card, which gives you shopping discounts, cinema coupons and much more!
Here at Aspiration Training, we’re are here to support you throughout your apprenticeship every step of the way by offering friendly and regular support from our colleagues and vocational coaches.
If an apprenticeship sounds like it’s for you, then you can view our current vacancies below! Good luck!