Wollaton Village Day Nursery Early Years Apprenticeship L2
As an apprentice you will be a key member of the nursery team, your duties may include:
- Planning and delivering fun and educational activities with the children
- Play alongside and with children to support their play
- Contribute to children’s records through observation
- Assist with the supervision of children at rest times and at mealtimes
- Contribute in creating a safe, happy environment for the children
- Ensure the play area is clean and tidy at all times
- Working alongside outside agencies in supporting the children
Useful Qualities to have
- Friendly and approachable
- Patient and caring
- The ability to interact positively with children and adults
- Flexible and willing to carry out a number of different activities within the job role
- Good time keeping
This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
There is a baby room to cater for babies and crawlers up to the age of eighteen months, an area for walkers, another area that accommodates toddlers and an area for the pre-school children.
Children are grouped according to age and developmental stage. There is an outdoor play area, and when weather permits the facility makes use of nearby parks.
The nursery is open from 08:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday.
Good Maths- A-C (9-4) Grades in maths or equivalent is desired but not essential
Good English - A-C (9-4) Grades in English or equivalent is desired but not essential
- Communication skills
- Team working
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Diploma
Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
On the job training