The Learning Nursery Early Years Level 2 Apprenticeship
As an apprentice you will be a key member of the nursery team, your duties may include:
- Planning and delivering fun and educational activities with the children
- Play alongside and with children to support their play
- Contribute to children’s records through observation
- Assist with the supervision of children at rest times and at mealtimes
- Contribute in creating a safe, happy environment for the children
- Ensure the play area is clean and tidy at all times
- Working alongside outside agencies in supporting the children
Useful Qualities to have
- Friendly and approachable
- Patient and caring
- The ability to interact positively with children and adults
- Flexible and willing to carry out a number of different activities within the job role
- Good time keeping
This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
we provide extensive opportunities for children to play, to grow and to develop, but the name illustrates our committment to do even more.
Preparing children for school, equipping them with the knowledge and learning skills to make a flying start to their school careers is paramount. In addition to learning through free play, we ensure that our children leave us with the literacy and numeracy skills that enable them to move successfully into reception.
Yes, we value free play and exploration, but we balance this with frequent opportunities to work on phonics, on writing, and on number and shape. We believe that developing and practising these skills is an important aspect of early yerars learning.
Good Maths- A-C (9-4) Grades in maths or equivalent is desired but not essential
Good English - A-C (9-4) Grades in English or equivalent is desired but not essential
- Communication skills
- Team working
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Diploma
Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
On the job training