Victoria Private Day Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic dedicated apprentice to join they team who is keen to learn and develop withing childcare. This role is part time between 16 and 30 hours per week which will be over 2/4 days.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Carry out general nursery duties such as nappy changing, bottle-feeding and general cleaning duties of toys and rooms supervised in these areas until competent.
- Care for and supervise the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs at all times.
- Work with the team to plan and prepare activities to meet children’s individual needs.
- Share responsibility with the team to observe and record children's development
- Work with all key workers to communicate all information concerning children in my care
- Share information fully with colleagues to enable successful continued care and development of positive relationships with families.
- Build positive relationships with parents and families through effective communication and liaising to negotiate working targets.
Keen to learn
Experience with children preferable.
Commited and serious about a career in childcare
Dedicated to achieving a qualification and progressing within the nursery.
CCPLD Level 2 or 3 depending on previous experience
Essential skills in Application of Number and Communication if required
The nursery has been open since August 1995 and caters for children from birth to 5 years.
We are located in a large victorian property just a short distance from Penarth town centre and a two minute walk from the train station.
We cater for all your child’s needs within our happy and safe ‘home from home’ environment where the children are looked after in small groups.
Progression onto a level 3 qualification.