Little Blossoms is a rural 124 place private day nursery set in the heart of Clive’s Fruit Farm orchards. We care for children aged from 3 months until school age with a great emphasis set on outdoor learning. The children are cared for in 5 different departments depending upon their age and abilities.
- To gain an understanding of Child development and be able to use the information to assist in the planning and delivery of the experiences offered to children.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- To learn how to observe, support and extend children’s learning.
- Comply with the statutory framework for the Early Years, including the EYFS Welfare requirements, Development matters and all other relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- To get an understanding of the EYFS and assist with planning appropriately for children’s individual needs using the curriculum for guidance.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and effective children’s records via Tapestry.
- Work in partnership with parents, carers and other family members.
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to Special Needs and Inclusion.
- To assist in working with the local authority Improvement Advisors to continuously improve the quality of our childcare and education.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships a variety of professionals including Improvement Advisors, the Inclusion team, Speech and Language and Schools.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand Safeguarding procedures, following them where necessary.
- Keep updated with current developments in childcare and education, policies and practice.
Health and safety
- Undertake a shared responsibility for Health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Adhere to all Health and safety and Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of and assist in implementing where necessary, all emergency and security policies and procedures.
- Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness with regard to laundry, nappy changing and food service areas.
- To inform the head of department, Deputy or Manager of any concerns noticed regarding childcare, parents, safety of equipment etc.