A vacancy has arisen for an apprentice Childcare Assistant in Swindon working in a nursery setting.
The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other key responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding.
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting.
- Planning and completing activities with the children.
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play.
- Completing development records for the children.
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare (with the possibility of full-time employment after completion). This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
- GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential
- Good timekeeping.
- Outgoing personality.
- Able to work using own initiative.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting.
- Level 2 in Childcare
- Functional Skills Level 2 for Maths and English (if applicable)
At The Trees Day Care Nurseries we offer exceptional care, great facilities and a nurturing, home-from-home environment with beautiful play rooms and great outdoor spaces. We use a combination of creative play and formal teaching techniques to look after our children’s well-being. We place great emphasis on encouraging children to use their imagination, develop their social skills and a sense of community, helping them to grow in confidence and independence in readiness for the next big step in their lives.
Possibility of progressing onto Level 3