Located in Erdington, a short walk away from the Erdington train station, the Angels Day Nursery Erdington branch is looking for a fun and outgoing apprentice to join their small, family-friendly nursery.
An opportunity has arisen with an employer in the Erdington area for an Apprenticeship position in Childcare. The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to.
Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
Angels Day Nursery are looking for someone to start as soon as possible - this vacancy will close as soon as the right candidate has been found.
- Good Numeracy - Grades A-C or equivalent
- Good Literacy - Grades A-C or equivalent
- Commitment to working with children
- Good communicator
- Passion for working with and developing own skills in employment
- Outgoing personality
- Able to work on own initiative
- Commitment to a pathway of learning within a vocational setting
- Willingness to work within a team
Full training up to Level 2 with the possibility of progressing onto Level 3 after completion.
Angels aim is to achieve natural development to promote enthusiasm and to instil self confidence in our children.
Choosing the right nursery for your child is one of the most important and difficult decisions that you will ever have to make. We have a friendly atmosphere where we work together in partnership with parents so that all children whatever race, religion or culture are made to feel welcome.
Our goals are to ensure that our children reach higher than the skies. We encourage our children to express freely in a loving, safe and stimulating environment, which has a stable and well equipped learning atmosphere.
Possibility of progressing onto Level 3 after completion