This is a fantastic opportunity to work and train in an Outstanding and award-winning nursery, pre-school and school. Apprentices will train under the guidance of Jane Smalley, author, lecturer and consultant and her team, learning more about the Reggio Emilia approach and the best childcare philosophies.
The Apprentice will be trained in the education and care of children from birth to seven years of age.
This will include learning;
- How to care for the hygiene needs of children
- How to create a healthy and hygienic environment for children
- How to manage resources for babies
- How to manage resources for toddlers
- How to feed a baby
- How to support a toddler to feed themselves
- How to create inspiring activities and resources to provoke exploration and learning
- How to support EYPS and qualified teachers in the education of children to 3 to 7 years
In addition to this the apprentice will learn valuable skills such as;
- How to manage the strong emotions of children.
- How to use reciprocity and containment to support the strong emotions of children
- How to carry out high quality observations of children’s behaviour
- How to use the information from observations to assess the stage of development and plan exciting next steps for children
- How to create beautiful displays and activities for children.
GCSE Maths and English A-C grades or equivalent
Clear neat hand writing.
Good basic spelling skills.
The ability to communicate clearly with other team members and parents.
Ability to communicate with children
Lots of patience!
To be clean, tidy and well presented every day.
Level 2 Children and Young People's Workforce
Functional Skills if required
Shrewsbury Prepatoria is an Outstanding nursery and School providing an exceptional educational experience for children from birth to five years. Our unique approach to education is inspired by the wonderful work of Reggio Emilia putting children first in all we do. Our approach is so successful that 92% of children are exceeding expectations right across the nursery.
Following the Reggio approach, we have three beautiful settings for children of different ages. Our Infant and Toddler setting provides bespoke resources for children from birth to three years of age, our wonderful, separate Pre-school building boasts forest school activities and an outdoor Art Studio. We have a small Independent school delivering an innovative curriculum for children 5 to 7 years.
As employers we care about our team, understanding that the role they play in the lives of our children is incredibly important. Therefore, we ensure that our team are rewarded for their work and effort. All staff are paid for their breaks and are provided with a lunch to eat with the children every day. We provide qualified staff with paid time away from the children, to complete planning, administrative duties and room organisation. We provide in house and on the job training for all staff with three paid Professional Development days each year.
Possibility of a full time permanent position for the right candidate.