An excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to gain a Level 2 Childcare qualification as an apprentice.
The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding.
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting.
- Planning and completing activities with the children.
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play.
- Completing development records for the children.
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare, (with the possibility of progressing to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Childcare where appropriate). This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
- Good Numeracy - A-C Grades in Maths or equivalent.
- Good Literacy - A-C Grades in English or equivalent.
- Good timekeeping.
- Outgoing personality.
- Great if able to work using own initiative.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting.
- Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Functional Skills.
- QCF Qualification.
Playhouse Day Nursery opened in January 1994. It is a private all day care facility for pre-school children. We also provide a small number of places for before and after school for Lakeside Primary School.
Playhouse is owned and managed by Mrs Rochelle Corbett who has an honours degree in Early Childhood Studies and has also been awarded Early Years Professional status. Rochelle has over 20 years’ experience of working in childcare as well as having her own children. All the supporting staff are very well qualified and all are experienced in pre-school childcare.
We have three large playrooms, two of the playrooms have adjoining enclosed all weather playgrounds (with safety surfaces) to encourage free flow play, a separate ‘quiet room’, child sized conveniences and a sensory room.
At Playhouse, our aim is that the children in our care will be, above all, happy and safe. We provide an environment and activities to encourage enquiring minds to develop their knowledge about the world around them, their own independence and self-esteem.
To facilitate this, the professionals in our employ provide a vast variety of experiences and learning opportunities. These take the form of ‘free flow’, and short ‘teaching’ sessions. Activities include sand, water, dressing up, cooking, singing, music and movement, artwork (painting, crayoning, modelling, drawing etc), playing outside, stories and various pre-reading and pre-writing activities.
We try hard to make sure that every day is varied, interesting, educational and fun!!
Onward progression to Level 3.