A vibrant, friendly nursery in Hall Green is looking for an outgoing and passionate apprentice to join their team. A large setting with spacious rooms, this Ofsted outstanding nursery is a great setting to start your career in childcare. Only a 10 minute walk away from the Hall Green train station and bus links, this nursery is easily accessible.
An opportunity has arisen with an employer in the Hall Green area for an Apprenticeship position in Childcare.
The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
GCSE Maths (A-C grades) or equivalent
GCSE English (A-C grades) or equivalent
Able to work on own initiative
Commitment to a pathway of learning within a vocational setting
Willingness to work within a team
Full Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare
Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English (if applicable)
Russell Nursery School was established in 1987. The current General information about our nursery:
• Registered for 116 children aged from 0 - 8 years.
• Open from 7.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
• Nursery Education Grants for 3 and 4 year olds.
• Qualified teacher on the staff.
• Early years curriculum for all ages.
• Computer access for all children.
• Interactive Whiteboard for children.
• Out of school care for children of primary school age.
Possibility of progressing onto Level 3 after completion