An opportunity has arisen with an employer in the Nottingham area for an apprenticeship position in Childcare.
As a Nursery Assistant apprentice, your duties will include:
- Providing care and education of children aged 0-5 years - working in baby/toddler/pre-school rooms.
- Develop EYFS knowledge (Early Years Foundation Stage)
- Plan and supervise activities
- Develop children’s language and number skills
- Supporting at meal times
- Changing nappies/Toileting
- Safeguarding children
- Encouraging independence
- Wok as part of a team
- Work at after school club
- Cleaning, setting up and closing down
A-C GCSE or equivalentin Maths and English
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare, (with the possibility of progressing to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Childcare where appropriate).
This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
Level 2 QCF Diploma in Children and Young Peoples Workforce.
The Nursery has been open since 1993 but was taken over in 2003 by the present owner. The Nursery offers full day care for children from 6 weeks old to 8 years.
Possibility of progressing to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Childcare where appropriate