A vacancy has arisen for an apprentice Childcare Assistant in Great Barr Birmingham, working in a nursery setting.
The candidates will report to the Team Manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the childrens personal needs.
Other key responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the childrens development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent).
Able to work using own initiative
Willingness to work as part of a team
Commitment to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting
Level 2 in Childcare (Children and Young People's Workforce)
Functional Skills Level 2 for Maths and English (if applicable)
Prime Time 2 Day Nursery offers good quality child care to children as young as 6 weeks to 8 years based in Great Barr Birmingham.
Possibility of being offered full-time employment.