The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other key responsibilities may include the following:
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education.
- To ensure that health and safety and security measures are constantly maintained throughout the whole nursery including the outdoor environment.
- To be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures.
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep an up to date tapestry account on your key children, for parents.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery. Foresee the needs of Special Needs children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents /carers and other family members.
- To attend ALL out of working hour’s activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parent’s evenings, events, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, putting out bins, doing the laundry, etc. Also flexibility with regard to working in different rooms/settings as and when required ensuring effective operation of the business.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives behind Little Stars are fulfilled.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times. To be an ambassador for Little Stars both within the nursery and in the wider community.
- To ensure good standards of hygiene and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 apprenticeship in Childcare, (with the possibility of progressing to Level 3 apprenticeship in Childcare where appropriate). This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.