Purpose of post
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting.
- To give support to other personnel within the setting.
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- Work with children.
- Team work.
- Liaise with parents/carers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- Work with parents/carers of all children to give full integration in the setting.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members.
- To take part in out of working hours activities e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, charity days.
- To be flexible within the working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs e.g. preparation of snack, cleaning duties, covering in other rooms etc.
- Work alongside the manager and the staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the business is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Room Leader/Manager is aware of the report before the parent receives it.
- Look upon the setting at a “whole” where can your help most be utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of the children.
- Ensure children are only collected by someone known to the setting.
- Respect the confidentiality of any information received.
- Develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker.
- Ensure the setting of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development.
- Be aware of the profile of the setting and uphold it’s standards at all times.
- Actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring setting policies and procedures are observed at all times.
- Specific childcare tasks
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child.