A vacancy has a risen for an Apprentice Childcare assistant working in a Nursery Setting located in Shirley.
The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding.
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting.
- Planning and completing activities with the children.
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play.
- Completing development records for the children.
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Childcare, (with the possibility of progressing in Childcare where appropriate). This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
- Level 2 in Childcare
- Good Numeracy - A-C Grades in Maths or equivalent.
- Good Literacy - A-C Grades in English or equivalent.
- Good timekeeping.
- Outgoing personality.
- Great if able to work using own initiative.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting.
- Level 3 in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Functional Skills.
- QCF Qualification.
Honey Pot House Day Nursery has been in business for over 15 years providing Childcare for Babies, Toddlers and Young Children. In February 2017 we were rated OUTSTANDING by OFSTED. We are committed to maintaining and building on the existing excellent childcare standards. We strive to provide a loving, caring and safe environment for your children to prosper and grow.
In 2016 we opened a major extension to the Nursery when we took over the shop next door. A wonderful open space which encourages all the children to explore and learn. We have many new facilities and all children get the opportunity to use all the facilities in both buildings.
During the winter of 2016 we converted a room in 'The House' into a sensory room which is great for all our children and wonderful for any with Special Educational Needs.
Onward progression in Childcare