Longscroft Early Years Level 2 Apprenticeship
As an apprentice you will be a key member of the nursery team, your duties may include:
- Planning and delivering fun and educational activities with the children
- Play alongside and with children to support their play
- Contribute to children’s records through observation
- Assist with the supervision of children at rest times and at mealtimes
- Contribute in creating a safe, happy environment for the children
- Ensure the play area is clean and tidy at all times
- Working alongside outside agencies in supporting the children
Useful Qualities to have
- Friendly and approachable
- Patient and caring
- The ability to interact positively with children and adults
- Flexible and willing to carry out a number of different activities within the job role
- Good time keeping
This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
Located in a rural position on the outskirts of Trowbridge and Bradford on Avon, Longscroft has been providing a creative and nurturing secure environment for nursery and pre-schoolers since 1991.V
Our aim is to provide a safe and happy community filled with play, learning, and activities to enable every child to reach their full potential.
We are open all year round Monday - Friday 7.30-6pm , 5pm Fridays. We have 3 rooms : 0-3 months , Toddler & Pre School .
Our exceptional site boasts separate buildings and gardens for each age group. We also have a large communal playground, and grassed area with a wooden play trail, rabbits, an allotment, and mud kitchen.
Outdoor play is very important to us and we encourage children to go outside in all weathers.
Good Maths- A-C (9-4) Grades in maths or equivalent is desired but not essential
Good English - A-C (9-4) Grades in English or equivalent is desired but not essential
- Communication skills
- Team working
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Diploma
Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
On the job training