Lodge Farm Early Years Level 2 apprenticeship
As an apprentice you will be a key member of the nursery team, your duties may include:
- Planning and delivering fun and educational activities with the children
- Play alongside and with children to support their play
- Contribute to children’s records through observation
- Assist with the supervision of children at rest times and at mealtimes
- Contribute in creating a safe, happy environment for the children
- Ensure the play area is clean and tidy at all times
- Working alongside outside agencies in supporting the children
Useful Qualities to have
- Friendly and approachable
- Patient and caring
- The ability to interact positively with children and adults
- Flexible and willing to carry out a number of different activities within the job role
- Good time keeping
This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
Lodge Farm Nursery School prides itself on offering a unique and different experience for your child’s care and Early Years education. The Nursery School is based in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside and is within easy access to the M4 and A350.
The Nursery is based in extended farm buildings on a working farm with lots of safe outdoor space including an outdoor classroom and woodland/Forest School area. We have daily Forest School sessions with our qualified practitioner and there is always an opportunity for a wellie walk no matter the weather.
“I am a parent myself with three children, and when I opened the Nursery in 1991, it felt there was a need for excellent quality early years childcare where children can be nurtured and developed in a homely environment. I encourage you to come and see for yourself our unique childcare facilities. We very much look forward to meeting you in the future.” Diane Collins – Principal (Cert. Ed)
We are open all year round, offering flexible sessions and the option of term time only for parents that do not need childcare during the school holidays. Our holiday club “Meadows” also welcomes children up to 11 years old during the school holidays.
Good Maths- A-C (9-4) Grades in maths or equivalent is desired but not essential
Good English - A-C (9-4) Grades in English or equivalent is desired but not essential
- Communication skills
- Team working
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Diploma
Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
On the job training