As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care so you need show empathy be able to put people at ease and able to work under pressure and reliable as a team player.
You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
- Assisting dental care professionals with various treatments - side chair assistants
- Providing support to patients during treatment
- Decontamination of dental instruments
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Updating patient records using dentally software
- Customer service; meeting and greeting clients to resolving patient enquiries
- Ensuring that the practice health and safety policy is adhered to
During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments based at our dental clinic.
Mathematics and English GCSE A*-C (9-4) or equivalent.
Have a 'can do approach'
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Prides themselves with a common sense ‘can do approach’
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Reliable approach and have a passion to start a career as a dental nurse
Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
Mathematics and English Functional Skills if required
We provide NHS and private dental services to South Cambridgshire including Histon and impington, Milton, Horningsea, Landbeach, Waterbeach, Fen Ditton, Girton, Madingley, Dry Drayton, Bar Hill, Oakington, Longstanton, Rampton and Cottenham.
Our aim is to help you and your family to attain and maintain optimum dental health. We will help you achieve this with a minimum of treatment in a comfortable environment with our dedicated professionals attending to your every need. We will use a combination of personal attention, clear communication, dental technology and modern techniques to achieve this. We are proud of how our team look after our patients and care for you as though you were their family member.
Possibility to become a full-time employee on completion of apprenticeship.