- assisting the dentists with suction, passing instruments and mixing/passing materials.
- setting up and preparing the surgery before the start of each session
- Sending out lab work and ensuring lab work is back for a patients appointment.
- Developing x-rays
- Cleaning and sterilising instruments
- Greeting and caring for patients
- Maintaining a clean environment
- Working on reception including answering the phone and booking appointments
of tutors as ‘good’ or better in teaching observations
of learning make progress in-line with plan
of visits go ahead as planned
success rate in Childcare Apprenticeships
Dental nursing apprenticeship
C Grades in English and Maths are desired but not essential
Looking for someone with excellent communication skills and good ethics. They should be hard working and be able to use their initiative. Be Confident and friendly. Someone who is a good team player and can work under pressure.
Dental Nursing Level 3
Functional Skills if required
We are a small, extremely busy, well established practice based on one of Scunthorpe’s main roads and major bus routes, between the Town Centre and Ashby High Street.
We have onsite parking for disabled persons and adequate disabled access into the practice with all three of our surgeries being on ground floor level, there is free parking available for our patients less than a two-minute walk in any direction.
We pride ourselves as a practice on delivering the best experience for each and every patient, new or existing that walk into our practice, calls us or sends us an e-mail.
Our practice offers NHS, Private and our very own DDS Care Scheme, this has been increasingly popular and well received as our NHS is currently only open for children as are the majority of practices in Scunthorpe and surrounding areas so DDS is a huge success as an affordable alternative.