An exciting opportunity to train to become a qualified dental nurse has arisen at this small friendly dental practice in Belle Isle, Leeds.
We are looking for a Trainee Dental Nurse to undertake an apprenticeship with the practice. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a qualification and earn at the same time.
Some of your duties could include:
- assisting the dentists with suction, passing instruments and mixing/passing materials.
- setting up and preparing the surgery before the start of each session
- Sending out lab work and ensuring lab work is back for a patients appointment.
- Developing x-rays
- Cleaning and sterilising instruments
- Greeting and caring for patients
- Maintaining a clean environment
- Working on reception including answering the phone and booking appointments
Must be motivated towards a career within Dental Nursing. Must be ambitious with a genuine interest in dentistry. Need to have good work ethics and be able to work well independently and as part of a team. Need Grade C or above in Maths and English.
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
NHS Dental Practice Based in Leeds
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of the apprenticeship.