Role will involve mainly nursing and assisting with dentists and Hygienists and some reception work.
Candidate must be willing to work as part of a team and have excellent customer service skills and enjoy what they do.
We have opportunities for staff to be involved and trained in many extra responsibilities such as impression taking, construction of whitening trays and retainers, radiography taking and digital impression taking.
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed using bespoke EXACT computer package
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance, including PPE,(personal protective equipment) COSHH, Mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file digital radiographs.
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liase with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Work in rotation with the team to manage the strictest cross infection protocols are maintained in the Decontamination room
- Trainee dental nurses are enrolled on the Dental Nursing Level 3 diploma apprenticeship scheme. Once passed Dental Care Professionals must register with the General Dental Council.
- Training with the reception team may become available to help cover in busy periods.