- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed using bespoke EXACT computer package
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance, including PPE,(personal protective equipment) COSHH, Mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file digital radiographs.
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liase with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Work in rotation with the team to manage the strictest cross infection protocols are maintained in the Decontamination room
- Trainee dental nurses are enrolled on the Dental Nursing Level 3 diploma apprenticeship scheme. Once passed Dental Care Professionals must register with the General Dental Council.
- Training with the reception team may become available to help cover in busy periods.
of tutors as ‘good’ or better in teaching observations
of learning make progress in-line with plan
of visits go ahead as planned
success rate in Childcare Apprenticeships
Dental nursing apprenticeship
GCSEs at grades A-C (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Good communication skills
Ability to cope well under pressure
Have a 'can do' approach
Must be a team player
Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing that is recognised by the General Dental Council
- Level 2 functional Skills in Maths and English (if applicable)