As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care so you need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease.
You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career. Your daily activities could include:
- sterilising instruments
- chairside assistance
- updating patient records
- maintaining equipment
- preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
During your apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
- Maths and English GCSE A-C or equivalent
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Level 3 Dental Nurse standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
This practice is predominantly NHS however they do also offer some private treatments which allows the apprentice to learn and be involved with the private sector.
This practice has experienced long lasting staff that will offer fantastic knowledge and support to the trainee– they are also based in the city centre which is an ideal location for commuting, they also have a car park over the road for those who drive.
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of the apprenticeship.
Long term role available after apprenticeship to right candidate