As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care so you need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease.
You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
Your daily activities could include:
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
During your apprenticeship you'll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
There is something else to smile about, upon successful completion of this apprenticeship you will have gained a City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing that is recognised by the General Dental Council.
Maths and English GCSE A*-C or equivalent
Genuine interest in doing a dental nurse apprenticeship
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Level 3 Dental Nurse standard
- Level 2 Maths and English Functional Skills if required
At Lansdown Dental Practice in Birmingham our highly skilled, well established team enjoys providing patients with quality dentistry in a comfortable, friendly environment. We offer both private and NHS dentistry.
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of apprenticeship.