As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care, with mentoring support to work effectively under pressure and able to put people at ease.
You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career. Your daily activities could include:
- sterilising instruments
- chairside assistance
- updating patient records
- maintaining equipment
- preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
- With close mentoring supervision to follow CQC and The GDC standards
During your apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
- Maths and English GCSE A*-C or equivalent
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a teamplayer
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing that is recognised by the General Dental Council
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
Leigh Primary Care are looking to recruit an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team of qualified and experienced dentists. We provide a comprehensive dentist service to families across the South Essex area encouraging preventative dental care.
Our dental practice is within a partnership of the Harunani & Co. Group of Dental Surgeries – Dentistry for You and was established in 1986 to provide dental services to the community.
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of apprenticeship.