As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care, so you need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease.
- Adhere to health and safety protocols as well as cross-infection to the highest standard
- Ensure all dental instruments are correctly decontaminated
- Set up for every patient
- Provide the Dentist with the correct instruments and equipment
- Serve as an assistant to the Dentist during treatment by passing relevant equipment and instruments to him, in the same vein retracting and aspirating if necessary
- Mix and prepare materials
- Write patient notes efficiently and correctly as dictated by the Dentist
- Monitor patients from the entering the room, during treatment and after the surgery
- Offer reassurance and support to patients
- Carry out stock control
- Greet patients and check them in
- Answer the phone and deal with patient enquiries
- Book appointments
- Take payment
- Liaise with laboratories and referral hospitals/practices.
- Maths and English GCSE A*-C or equivalent
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a teamplayer
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing that is recognised by the General Dental Council
We believe in treating our patients as we would wish our own family to be treated, with this in mind we aim to provide you with state-of-the-art dentistry in a friendly and comfortable environment.
Our modern, well-equipped surgeries allow us to offer the latest techniques using the highest quality materials under stringent cross-infection control.
We aim to protect and maintain your natural teeth through excellent dentistry, accurate and comprehensive diagnosis, and highly proficient technical skills in a safe environment. As a practice, we are committed to preventative dentistry and aim to do everything possible to make your teeth the best they can be and keep them healthy in the long term.
Our professional dental team are dedicated to providing first class dental care. When it comes to your smile, we are committed to ensuring you are getting the very best personalised dental treatment.
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of apprenticeship.