The roles of trainee nurse is for 4 days a week ( Wednesday off but can be negotiated) ,the trainee will benefit from skills in chair side support, decontamination, compliance, the use of dental software, reception training and patient care building up the skills over time.
The trainee will be working with dentist with at least 6 years post qualification and specialist skills once the trainee has reached an appropriate standard. The in house training will be provided predominantly by a nurse of over 30 years experience and assisted by a newly qualified nurse with an assistance practice manager in a support role. The practice principal will be available at all time for any support required. The team of 5 part time dentists, a hygienist, receptionist and 2 nurses are well organised and supportive; all staff have been in there roles from one to thirty years. The practice patient list is well established and we have built up strong relationships with our patients over many years so a trainee will benefit greatly from this .
Ideal for someone who is looking for a new challenge, or school leaver, motivated and is able to be flexible with hours. You will undertake an apprenticeship to gain your Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- Develop competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures.
- Develop knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes.
- Develop competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures.
- Learn to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures.
- Develop and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed.
- Be responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment.
- Under supervision carry out the following: reception duties, answering telephone, receiving mail, meeting and greeting of patients and/or carers, managing department diaries and day books, sending appointments by mail, maintenance of monthly recall systems, filing and pulling of patient records, maintenance and upkeep of all patient records and correspondence.