As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care so you need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease.
You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career. Your daily activities could include:
- sterilising instruments
- updating patient records
- maintaining equipment
- preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
Maths and English GCSE A*-C or equivalent.
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a teamplayer
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
We take great pride in the quality of our dentistry, and want to make your visit to us a pleasant experience. Our aim is to achieve good dental health for you and your family through preventative dentistry. We offer both Private and NHS dentistry catering for the dental needs of our local community, we welcome all patients regardless of age whether to check your first baby tooth or for a full mouth make over!
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of apprenticeship.