The dental nurse works within the dental team to provide oral health care for a patient. As a dental nurse, you will come into close contact with patients of all ages who may be anxious and in need of support and support and reassurance.
As a dental nurse you will have the following duties:
- Good communication and a friendly manner are essential.
- You are expected to assist the dentist in all aspects of patient care.
- This will range from sterilising and preparing instruments, mixing materials and ensuring the patient is comfortable.
- You may also assist the dentist with various procedures such as minor oral surgery.
- During your training period, you gain clinical experience in all departments of the Dental Institute, including Restorative, Orthodontics, Minor Oral Surgery, Child Dental Health and Acute Dental Care.
- You will be assessed in the clinical environment throughout your training to ensure you are competent in all aspects of your role as a Dental Nurse.
During your apprenticeship you'll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
Doncaster Dental Centre are looking to have the successful candidate start immediately. This vacancy advert will close as soon as the right candidate has been chosen.