An exciting new vacancy for an apprentice at Toybox Day Nursery.
An opportunity has arisen with an employer in the Stetchford area for an apprenticeship position in Childcare. The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to.
Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play
- Completing development records for the children
- Good Numeracy - Grades A-C or equivalent
- Good Literacy - Grades A-C or equivalent
- Commitment to working with children
- Good communicator
- Passion for working with and developing own skills in employment
- Outgoing personality
- Able to work on own initiative
- Commitment to a pathway of learning within a vocational setting
- Willingness to work within a team
Full training up to Level 2 with the possibility of progressing onto Level 3 after completion.
Toybox has 7 spacious rooms, across 2 floors, for the children in a newly renovated building, with a friendly home from home environment. The building has been redesigned to cater for children from the ages of 3 months to rising 5's in a bright and stimulating environment. The nursery has been designed to allow the children to be independent in their development whilst keeping safe.
Possibility of progressing onto Level 3 after completion