We are looking for two employees for either part time (21 hours) or Full time (35) hours per week. No experiance is required as full training will be provided including a free qualification in health and social care at level .
Rate of pay is national minimum wage for your age group however is subject to increase based on performance and completion of H&S units.
To assist with all personal needs of clients maintaining dignity and privacy at all times and to promote effective communications and relationships. To be courteous and respectful to clients and visitors of the Home at all times. To maintain confidentiality and keep accurate records as required by C.S.S.I.W. (Care and Social Standards Inspectorate for Wales). To abide by all policies and procedures of the Home and to be aware of Health & Safety and abide by all legislations and to abide by C.O.S.H.H. regulations.
- Sign in/out at the beginning and end of each shift
- Enable clients to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance
- Enable clients to access and use toilet facilities
- Assist with all personal needs of clients maintaining dignity and privacy at all times
- Enable clients to eat and drink and prepare food and drinks for clients when kitchen assistant is not available
- Enable clients to maintain and improve their mobility through exercise and the use of mobility appliances
- To liase with Healthcare professionals in meeting clients needs
- To reflect on my own abilities and skills
- Contribute to the movement and handling of individuals to maximise their physical comfort
- Carry out all laundry duties as required
- Enable clients to participate in recreation and leisure activities e.g. outings/music/crafts etc.
- Promote effective communication and relationships-assist with anxieties/problems
- Maintain confidentiality and keep accurate records as required by C.S.S.I.W. (Care and Social Standards Inspectorate for Wales).
- Reading and understanding all policies/procedures in place in the Home
- Care plans to be read and adhered to making changes when and where necessary
- Relevant documentation to be completed accurately and legibly
- To be available to work hours to suit needs of the clients (in sickness/holidays this could be with short notice)
- Be courteous and respectful to clients and visitors of the Home at all times
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of environments and ensure all bedrooms are left clean and tidy by end of shift and restocked with essential items
- Contribute to the effectiveness of work teams
- To aim to achieve a high standard of care and to work towards the Homes aims and objectives
- Foster people’s equality, diversity and rights
- Contribute to the protection of individuals from abuse
- Contribute to the ongoing support of clients and others significant to them