Within the team the candidate will assist the other care assistants to plan and organise the care of the residents.
Other duties may include working as part of a team to deliver an outstanding and professional service within the setting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting service users with their personal care needs including getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and using the toilet
- Helping to prepare meals and drinks, ensuring that the required standards are met
- Planning and completing activities with the service users that will enhance their quality of life and encourage individual interests
- Ensuring health and safety is followed at all times
- Completing service user records and paperwork in line with legislation
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social (with the possibility of progressing to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Health and Social care where appropriate). This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.