Wychavon & Malvern Hills District Council are looking for an Apprentice to join their HR department while completing a level 2 or 3 qualification in Business Administration on a fixed term basis.
We currently have an opportunity for an Apprentice to join our Human Resources team.
This is a varied role, providing support to the whole team. You’ll help with HR and recruitment administration, arranging interviews, organising work experience placements and co-ordinating our staff volunteering scheme. You’ll also have an opportunity to work on the development of the HR intranet and e-learning website.
Under the general direction of the HR Systems and Payroll Officer, the post holder will provide support across all functions of the HR team. Typical duties may include:
- Assisting with the administration of the recruitment process, placing adverts on the council’s recruitment website (WM jobs), drafting paperwork, undertaking pre-employment checks and organising interviews
- Organising meetings and preparing relevant paperwork
- Co-ordinating work experience placements and the staff volunteering scheme
- Undertaking routine administrative duties such as filing paperwork, opening post, ordering stationery
- Inputting information into various computer systems e.g. WM jobs system, HR and payroll system, e-learning system and HR intranet
- Answering phone and email queries
- Other such duties as may be required from time to time in line with the grading of the post and NVQ requirements
- Comply with all aspects of the Council’s Code of Conduct and Equal Opportunities Policy
- Comply with health & safety legislation and the Council’s safety Practices
- GCSE Grade A-C in Maths English, or equivalent, or College entry numeracy/literacy tests
- Previous experience in an administrative role is mandatory
We are looking for someone with:
- Good communication skills
- Good ICT skills, particularly in MS Office applications, email and the internet
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to work confidentially
This role would suit someone who is interested in progressing their knowledge and experience in the administrative sector. You will need to be a team player work with the ability to work on your own initiative. A desire to work towards a career in the recruitment Team.
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Business Administration
On the job training
We offer include flexi-time, 23 days annual leave, discounted gym membership, free car parking and option to buy more leave.
Wychavon District Council is a small, progressive local authority, situated in one of the Countries most attractive areas. We offer excellent opportunities to grow and develop a career along with competitive employee benefits.
This is a fixed term contract for 14 months however on completion there may be opportunities in other departments.