We currently have an opportunity for an Apprentice to join our Human Resources team.
This is a varied role, providing support to the whole team. You’ll help with HR and recruitment administration, arranging interviews, organising work experience placements and co-ordinating our staff volunteering scheme. You’ll also have an opportunity to work on the development of the HR intranet and e-learning website.
Under the general direction of the HR Systems and Payroll Officer, the post holder will provide support across all functions of the HR team. Typical duties may include:
- Assisting with the administration of the recruitment process, placing adverts on the council’s recruitment website (WM jobs), drafting paperwork, undertaking pre-employment checks and organising interviews
- Organising meetings and preparing relevant paperwork
- Co-ordinating work experience placements and the staff volunteering scheme
- Undertaking routine administrative duties such as filing paperwork, opening post, ordering stationery
- Inputting information into various computer systems e.g. WM jobs system, HR and payroll system, e-learning system and HR intranet
- Answering phone and email queries
- Other such duties as may be required from time to time in line with the grading of the post and NVQ requirements
- Comply with all aspects of the Council’s Code of Conduct and Equal Opportunities Policy
- Comply with health & safety legislation and the Council’s safety Practices