A vacancy has a risen for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner working in a Nursery Setting committed to providing an excellent quality service for every child and parent delivered in a friendly, caring, safe environment within which all children will feel nurtured and secure. For children aged 6 weeks to 5 years
An opportunity has arisen with an employer in the Bromsgrove area for an Apprenticeship position in Childcare ideally suits someone level 2 qualified, looking to progress to level 3. The candidates will report to the team manager each day, who will then indicate which team the candidate will be assigned to. Within the team the candidate will assist the other Nursery Assistants to plan and organise both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of the children’s personal needs.
Other Key Responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding.
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting.
- Planning and completing activities with the children.
- Supporting the children’s development, learning and play.
- Completing development records for the children.
The successful candidate must be committed to a learning pathway within a vocational setting with full training up to Level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare, (with the possibility of progressing to Level 3 Apprenticeship in Childcare where appropriate). This position would suit a candidate with a bubbly, outgoing personality who is able to work on their own initiative and is prepared to commit to the work required for an apprenticeship.
- Good Numeracy - A-C Grades in Maths or equivalent.
- Good Literacy - A-C Grades in English or equivalent.
- Level 2 Chidcare would be an advantage
- Good timekeeping.
- Outgoing personality.
- Great if able to work using own initiative.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to a pathway of learning in a vocational setting.
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills.
- QCF Qualification.
This formers Doctors surgery in the heart of the Bromsgrove community has been converted to a high standard to create our warm and welcoming nursery setting. Located on a quiet access road near to amenities such as Asda, the Job centre and a local park, this nursery not only truly captures and reflects the community but is also located within easy access to motorways, city centre and surrounding villages.
Having been furbished to a high standard the building creates a modern but homely feel for our families who attend. The nursery is spacious inside and with lots of outdoor space for children to freely access, it really does offer something unique to every child. There are dedicated playrooms for different ages including specialist areas for babies, toddlers and Pre School.
Possibility of employment for the right person