Supporting staff with outdoor play, helping with snack, All the general nursery duties, playing with children, feeding them, and reading, creative arts.
- To undertake any duties as directed by another member of the team.
- To carry out simple housekeeping duties as appropriate including sweeping & hoovering, cleaning toys and equipment and washing used art supplies.
When given permission by a senior member of staff, ensure good communication with parents/carers and work in partnership with all families in the setting as directed
- To go about your role with a positive and enthusiastic attitude - to be organised, efficient, confident, hardworking and conscientious.
· To ensure that all information relating to children, staff and parents remains confidential and that no information regarding the Nursery or children attending is shared on social media.
· To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support to other members of the team.
· To be able to think and act quickly in a supportive manner, and to be aware of the correct procedures.
· To take into account that unforeseen situations can occur when looking after children, and that the child's care and welfare is paramount at all times.
- When deemed appropriate by the GM, follow door and telephone answering procedures, ensuring that the building is secure at all times.
To be willing to work towards a level 2 or 3 qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent.
To hold an English and Mathematics GCSE at level C or above.
Empathy and understanding of children under five.
Excellent verbal and communication skills.
Excellent organisational skills.
Calm and caring nature.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Able to work on own initiative.
To demonstrate that you can read effectively and are able to communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English.
Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
A commitment to the role, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm.
A creative thinker.
A good sense of humour & happy disposition
Full training to level 2 in childcare
Functional skills in Maths and English if required.
Hickory Dickorys opened in 1999 by Sharon Johnson & Trudy Hobbs for their own children who have thrived and grown into confident and happy young ladies. Sharon & Trudy have worked in the Early Years Sector for well over 30 years, they both remain passionate about the importance and relevance of Early Years Development and Care and the positive impact this care has on a child's future growth and success. Sharon & Trudy work day to day in the nursery overseeing the smooth running, this helps maintain a high standard of care and promotes a strong relationship with the Team and Parents. The nursery is private & independently owned.
The nursery is located in Cheltenham Town Centre within walking distance of many shops and park areas. The nursery operates in a four storey Regency building catering for 40 children a day, promoting small and familiar groups, which enhances the relationship between each child and their Key Person. The feeling within the nursery is homely, inviting, relaxing, happy and above all fun!
The nursery prides itself on providing superb quality Day Care for Parents and children in a relaxed, stimulating and caring atmosphere. All the Team at Hickory Dickorys are qualified, kind, friendly, honest and approachable, and above all, interested in you, as Parents to help with the continuity of wonderful care you have given your child in the most important first months or even years of their lives. The Team are chosen for their experience, qualifications but most of all for their commitment in providing a loving and caring environment for your child.
We believe in children, they are our future, we can make a huge difference in their lives, working together as a team ensuring our children grow happily, successfully and confidently.
Possible progression to Level 3