Teaching Assistant – Intermediate Apprenticeship
Employers have helped to design these revised Apprenticeships to support the increasing demand for trained support staff in schools, attract new people to the sector, upskill the workforce and replace those who leave or retire. The Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship is applicable to learning support staff whose responsibilities at work are closely supervised.
The Intermediate Level Apprenticeship for Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is designed for learning support staff whose responsibilities at work are closely supervised. They will be working under the direction of the class teacher whose lesson planning and day-to-day direction set the framework within which the individual works.
How long is the course?
The duration of this apprenticeship is generally 12-18 months.
By the end of your apprenticeship you will have achieved:
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools;
- Functional Skill in Maths Level 2 (if required);
- Functional Skill in English Level 2 (if required);
- Functional Skill in ICT Level 2 (if required);
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities;
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
Employment opportunities exist within primary, special and secondary schools in both the state and independent sectors. There will be increasing opportunities for apprentices to take on a wider range of responsibilities. Opportunities also exist to move into other roles across the wider children’s workforce e.g. child care, play work or youth work.
Opportunities for further training and qualifications include:
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools for those who have the potential and opportunity to work at this level;
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools;
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools;
- Level 3 Certificate in Cover Supervision of pupils in Schools;
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools;
- Level 2 qualifications in Children’s Care, Learning and Development, Playwork or Youth work for those wishing to transfer to other areas working with children and young people.
How do I start?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin your journey into becoming a teaching assistant.
Want more information?
Call: 01527 359646
Not the course for you? Why not try: