|Job title:||Functional Skills Tutor|
|Responsible to:||Team leader|
|Location:||England – South East area. Lots of travelling required|
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose is to train and assess learner knowledge and competence against criteria defined by the relevant awarding body.
- Work effectively with colleagues to achieve the company mission, aspirations, and values.
- Support learners, on a one to one basis and within workshops, to achieve qualifications detailed within their individual learning plan.
- Carry out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking associated with teaching and assessment responsibilities.
- Fully engage learners and employers in the learning process
- Maintain quality standards as defined by internal and external assurers
- Maintain accurate, up to date records of all assessment activities
- Undertake Internal Quality Assurer activities (if qualified/required)
- Assess learner capabilities and produce and maintain individual learning plans (ILP).
- Produce, implement and maintain schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Ensure workshops facilitate sufficient and demonstrable learning opportunity
- Effectively track and report on learner progress against plan.
- Conduct regular progress reviews with every learner (minimum monthly)
- Encourage and motivate learners to achieve targets contained in the ILP.
- Provide appropriate support to ensure learners achieve the required knowledge standards.
- Complete all components of the framework in line with the timescales detailed in delivery models. (This can, depending on the programme, include the Diploma, Functional skills, ILM award, Employer Rights and Responsibilities and Induction)
- Ensure learners are fully aware of the framework requirements and evidence required to demonstrate competency.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with learners and employers.
- Maintain regular contact with the internal verification team
- Ensure data management department are provided with up to date information on all learners (e.g. workshop attendance)
- Attend standardisation and team meetings.
- Ensure agreed revenue forecasts are fully met.
- Maintain learner achievement levels as agreed with line manager
- Participate in continuous professional development activities.
- Ensure all learners are treated fairly and without prejudice.
- Implement and maintain health and safety procedures/vetting and monitoring placement checks
- Share best practice both internally and externally
- Actively promote Aspiration Training Ltd to all learners and employers
- Contribute to annual self-assessment and quality development plan
- Contribute to sustainability and becoming a global citizen
- Ensure that colleagues and learners are safeguarded against all types of bullying or abuse
- Adhere to ATLs equality and diversity policy in all aspects of work life
|Appearance||Professional, business like appearance.|
|Attitude||Positive, assertive attitude.|
|Communication (both verbal and written)||Excellent written and verbal communication skills.|
|Organisational skills||Ability to maintain structured records|
|Team working ability||Must be able to work productively with all departments|
|Time management skills||Ability to prioritise and balance workload to meet organisational requirements|
|Personal responsibility||Self-motivation and accountability for key duties|
|Occupational competence||Three years recent experience of working within the care sector – essential|
|Skills||IT skills – desirable
|Qualifications||Teaching certificate – essential (See titles below)
D32/33 or A1 award – desirable
Vocational or academic qualifications at the same level of those delivered – desirable
Higher level qualifications as agreed with line manager/specified on the qualification matrix
|Job Category||Internal Vacancies|