|Job title:||Vocational Trainer|
|Responsible to:||Team Leader|
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose is to train, assess and verify learner knowledge and competence against criteria defined by the relevant awarding organisation.
- Work effectively with colleagues to achieve the company mission, aspirations and values.
- Support learners, on a one to one basis and within workshops (if required), to achieve qualifications detailed within their individual learning plan.
- Carry out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking associated with teaching and assessment responsibilities.
- Fully engage learners and employers in the learning process
- Undertake Internal Quality Assurers activities (If qualified/required)
- Ensure teaching and assessment practices are good as defined by Ofsted
- Maintain quality standards as defined by internal and external quality assurers
- Maintain accurate, up to date records of all assessment activities
- Support the recruitment and sign-up of new learners
- Assess learner capabilities and produce and maintain individual learning plans (ILP).
- Produce, implement and maintain schemes of work and lesson plans where applicable.
- Ensure workshops, if applicable, facilitate sufficient and demonstrable learning opportunities.
- Effectively track and report on learner progress against plan.
- Conduct regular progress reviews with every learner in line with delivery model requirements.
- Encourage and motivate learners to achieve targets contained in the ILP.
- Provide appropriate support to ensure learners achieve required knowledge and assessment standards.
- Complete all components of the framework in line with the timescales detailed in delivery models. (This can, depending on programme, include the QCF, technical certificate, functional skills-maths/English/ICT, Employer Rights and Responsibilities and Induction)
- Ensure learners are fully aware of the framework requirements and evidence required to demonstrate competency.
- Achieve framework outcomes in accordance with agreed targets and timescales.
- Provide relevant information, advice and guidance in order to support learner progression.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with learners and employers.
- Maintain regular contact with the internal verification team.
- Ensure data management department are provided with up to date information on all learners.
- Attend standardisation and team meetings.
- Ensure agreed revenue forecasts are fully met.
- Maintain learner achievement levels as agreed with line manager.
- Undertake Internal Quality Assurer responsibilities as agreed with line manager (If qualified/required).
- Work closely with the SEN team in order to provide support for learners with special educational needs.
- Undertake projects, initiatives and any other duties as directed by your line manager
- Participate in continuous professional development activities.
- Ensure all learners are treated fairly and without prejudice.
- Implement and maintain health and safety procedures/vetting and monitoring of the workplace.
- Share best practice both internally and externally.
- Actively promote Aspiration Training Ltd to all learners and employers.
- Contribute to annual self-assessment and quality improvement plan.
- Contribute to sustainability and becoming a global citizen.
- Ensure that colleagues and learners are safeguarded against all types of bullying or abuse.
- Adhere to ATLs equality and diversity policy in all aspects of work life.
|Inclusion||Ensuring there is a collaborative and inclusive approach to working with all stakeholders (Internal/external)|
|Integrity||Consistently demonstrating the highest standards of professional conduct|
|Reliability||Evidence of effective planning, organisation and time management|
|Ambition||Willingness to aspire to reach full potential by continually improving skills and performance|
|Accountability||Taking ownership individually and collectively|
|Pride||A personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of excellence|
|Occupational competence||Recent experience of working within the care sector, business admin, team leading, customer service, retail – essential|
|Skills||IT skills – essential
|Qualifications||D32/33 or A1 award – essential or willing to work towards this award
Vocational qualifications at the same level of those delivered – essential
|Other||Successful applicants will need to have a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle|
Higher level qualifications as agreed with line manager/specified on the qualification matrix
|Job Category||Internal Vacancies|