|Job title:||Assessor – Business Management|
|Responsible to:||Team Leader/Manager|
|Salary band:||£18 – £22k|
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose is to train, assess and verify learner knowledge and competence against criteria defined by the relevant awarding organisation.
- Work effectively with colleagues to achieve the company mission, aspirations and values.
- Support learners, within both the workplace and workshops (if required), to achieve qualifications detailed within their individual learning plan.
- Carry out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking associated with teaching and assessment responsibilities.
- Fully engage learners and employers in the learning process
- Maintain quality standards as defined by internal and external quality assurers
- Maintain accurate, up to date records of all assessment activities
- Assess learner capabilities and produce and maintain individual learning plans (ILP).
- Effectively track and report on learner progress against plan.
- Conduct regular progress reviews with every learner (minimum monthly)
- Encourage and motivate learners to achieve targets contained in the ILP.
- Provide appropriate support to ensure learners achieve required knowledge and assessment standards.
- Complete all components of the framework in line with the timescales detailed in delivery models. (This can, depending on programme, include the Diploma, Key skills, ILM award, Employer Rights and Responsibilities and Induction)
- Ensure learners are fully aware of the framework requirements and evidence required to demonstrate competency.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with learners and employers.
- Maintain regular contact with the internal verification team
- Ensure data management department are provided with up to date information on all learners
- Attend standardisation and team meetings.
- Ensure agreed revenue forecasts are fully met.
- Maintain learner achievement levels as agreed with line manager
- Undertake Internal Quality Assurer responsibilities as agreed with line manager (If qualified/required)
- Participate in continuous professional development activities.
- Ensure all learners are treated fairly and without prejudice.
- Implement and maintain health and safety procedures/vetting and monitoring of the workplace
- Share best practice both internally and externally
- Actively promote Aspiration Training Ltd to all learners and employers
- Contribute to annual self assessment and quality development plan
- Contribute to sustainability and becoming a global citizen
- Contribute to promoting and maintaining the Welsh language
- Ensure that colleagues and learners are safeguarded against all types of bullying or abuse
- Adhere to ATLs equality and diversity policy in all aspects of work life
- Partake in industry competitions by completing applications and promoting learners/employers/colleagues
|Ambition: Always aiming higher||Ensuring there is a collaborative and inclusive approach to working with all stakeholders (Internal/external)|
|Success: Making it happen||Consistently demonstrating the highest standards of professional conduct|
|Personalised: Tailored to individual needs||Evidence of effective planning, organisation and time management|
|Integrity: Doing the right thing||Willingness to aspire to reach full potential by continually improving skills and performance|
|Recognition: Celebrating achievements||Taking ownership individually and collectively|
|Embrace: Benefitting from diversity||A personal commitment to achieving the highest standards of excellence|
|Occupational competence||Experience of working in the sector – essential|
|Skills||IT skills – essential
Organisational skills and a sound attention to detail
Competent numeracy skills
Excellent IT skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
|Qualifications||Sector specific qualifications
D32/33 or Assessor award – essential
Internal Quality Assurer award – desirable
- Level 3 Essential Skills Practitioner certificate and PGCE/PTLLS/CTLLS/DTLLS
- Higher level sector specific qualifications
- IQA qualifications
|Job Category||Internal Vacancies|