|Job title:||Business Development Manager|
|Responsible to:||Head of Business Development|
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of this role is to secure Apprenticeship opportunities with new employers.
- To lead the engagement of new employers in becoming customers of Aspiration Training.
- To attend employer meetings and visits to secure business opportunities.
- To optimise the volume of learner recruitment for employers, with a focus on levy payers.
- To generate new business opportunities in line with organisational priorities, including new programmes and products.
- To undertake account management of large accounts.
- Ensure the monthly recruitment targets are achieved
- Develop and manage senior level relationships with employers, whilst also mapping all other key operational relationships to ensure full business engagement
- Achieve all key account development targets and objectives, including; revenue, profit and quality metrics.
- Identify, engage and develop new business development opportunities with SME employers.
- Identify, engage and develop new business development opportunities with large/key account potential levy employers.
- Develop, implement and maintain key account management systems and processes.
- Develop and maintain key account MI enabling reporting on a range of account performance metrics, including; financial and quality.
- Identify and capitalise upon opportunities to cross-sell, up-sell and develop new services to improve revenue and profit from key accounts.
- Develop, write and deliver propositions, proposals and presentations to secure new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain good quality relationships with internal stakeholders and teams to ensure fulfilment of employer and internal business commitments.
- Inform the development of new propositions, products, services and campaigns through developing market insight/Labour Market Intelligence.
- Maintain a good working knowledge across the key account team of key changes to Skills policy, funding, contractual requirements and business expectations
- Use the Organisational Needs Analysis (ONA) process to fully understand the needs of new customers and to use the ONA to plan the setup of new employer operations
- Liaise with team leaders to ensure the smooth operation of the learner recruitment process and other new business opportunities.
- Ensure health and safety vetting and monitoring is undertaken in line with company policy
- Initiate and manage new business campaigns
- Participate in team and company meetings
- Ensure fair and transparent recruitment processes regardless of the individual’s race, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, care responsibility, HIV status, trade union activity, political or religious belief.
- Undertake projects and initiatives as directed by line manager.
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process.
- Ensure adherence to funding body, inspectorate and awarding body procedures.
- Maintain and develop internal and external communications.
- Liaise with business development team to source sufficient employer marketing leads
- Contribute to sustainability and becoming a global citizen
- Ensure that colleagues and learners are safeguarded against all types of bullying or abuse
- Adhere to ATLs equality and diversity policy in all aspects of work life
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of managing senior level B2B relationships
- Senior level relationship development and management, influencing and negotiating
- Developing and maintaining key account management systems and processes, e.g. SLA’s,
- Commercial skills, including developing sales propositions and proposals.
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills, relating to financial and other management information
- Understanding of labour market challenges and opportunities
- Experience in providing business consultancy/advisory, recruitment, training or related services to business
- Knowledge (or the ability to develop knowledge) of Government policy and funding relating to Skills
Higher level qualifications as agreed with line manager/specified on the qualification matrix
|Job Category||Internal Vacancies|