|Job title:||Business Development Manager|
|Responsible to:||Managing Director|
|Location:||Covering Cambridge and Buckinghamshire|
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of this role is to secure starts through Apprenticeships and vacancy generation in employers who are new to Aspiration Training, in line with company targets and priorities.
- To lead the engagement of new employers in becoming customers of Aspiration Training
- To manage a team of Telesales, and Employer Engagement Advisors to ensure starts with new employers are in-line with company expectation.
- To attend employer meetings and visits to secure business opportunities
- To optimise the volume of learner recruitment for government-funded/commercially funded learners.
- To generate new business opportunities in line with organisational priorities, including new programmes and products.
- Ensure the monthly recruitment targets are achieved by all team members.
- Implement strategies to increase the volume of vacancies generated in new employer customers
- Develop relationships with external agencies to promote the service proposition
- Manage telesales activity to ensure that activities maximize business opportunities and generate sales appointments for Employer Engagement Team members
- Review the quality of telesales information and data which is sourced externally, to ensure value for money
- Ensure compliance by all team members with the learner initial assessment and start processes
- Use the Organisational Needs Analysis (ONA) process to fully understand the needs of new customers and to use the ONA to plan the setup of new employer operations
- Liaise with team leaders to ensure the smooth operation of the learner recruitment process and other new business opportunities.
- To ensure an effective and thorough ‘hand over’ of new business customers to the Employer Relations Team after a designated period of time
- To support the placement of high-quality Apprenticeship applicants in new employer customers when requested
- To ensure that learner recruitment is in line with the company sector, age profile and funding priorities
- Ensure health and safety vetting and monitoring is undertaken in line with company policy
- Initiate and manage new business campaigns
- Participate in team and company meetings
- Ensure fair and transparent recruitment processes regardless of the individual’s race, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, care responsibility, HIV status, trade union activity, political or religious belief.
- Undertake projects and initiatives as directed by the line manager.
- Participate in and support the annual self-assessment process.
- Ensure adherence to funding body, inspectorate and awarding body procedures.
- Maintain and develop internal and external communications.
- Liaise with the business development team to source sufficient employer marketing leads
- Contribute to sustainability and becoming a global citizen
- Ensure that colleagues and learners are safeguarded against all types of bullying or abuse
- Adhere to ATLs equality and diversity policy in all aspects of work life
|Experience/knowledge||Extensive working knowledge of candidate recruitment processes. Working Knowledge of Ofsted’s Common Inspection Framework|
|Skills||Organisational skills and a sound attention to detail
Verbal communication skills
|Qualifications||NVQ level 3 or above in team leading or management|
Higher level qualifications as agreed with line manager/specified on the qualification matrix
|Job Category||Internal Vacancies|