of our learners would recommend us
of our learners have passed their EPA with a Merit or Distinction
of employers would recommend us
of traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
Children, young people and family practitioner Level 4
This apprenticeship is for those individuals working within a children’s home, a residential special school or a secure children’s home. The apprentice will take the lead in developing and delivering the child’s placement plan and will work with the child to support their health, education, social and day to day needs which will play a significant role in helping them thrive and fulfil their potential.
18 months with up to 3 months EPA.
The apprentice must be at least 16 years old and will be required to undertake a DBS check. They must also be employed, working more than 16 hours per week and have some experience of working with children.
What is covered on the course?
The apprentice will be expected to complete the 18 mandatory diploma units below:
• Supporting risk management in residential childcare
• Supporting the rights, diversity and equality of children and young people in residential childcare
• Supporting children and young people in residential childcare to manage their health
• Participating in teams to benefit children and young people in residential childcare
• Supporting attachment and positive relationships for children and young people in residential childcare
• Supporting the well-being and resilience of children and young people
• Understanding how to support positive outcomes for children and young people in residential childcare
• Supporting group living in residential childcare
• Engaging in professional development in residential childcare settings
• Supporting children and young people in residential childcare to achieve their learning potential
• Assessment and planning with children and young people in residential childcare
• Supporting the development of socially aware behaviour with children and young people in residential childcare
• Understanding how to safeguard and protect children and young people in residential childcare
• Understanding how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse
• Understanding the development of children and young people in residential childcare
Apprentices will also work towards functional skills Level 2 in both Maths and English (if applicable).
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
- Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
Your apprenticeship questions answered
Click below for answers to some frequently asked questions. If you have any other queries, please contact us using the form at the bottom of the page.
Can my existing staff start an apprenticeship?
Of course! Placing your existing staff on an apprenticeship is a great way of upskilling your employees and uncovering your future managers. It can be a great way of motivating and rewarding your staff by committing to their continued personal development within your business.
How does the apprentice learn?
Apprentices do most of their learning at work and benefit from regular contact with their dedicated assigned assessor. There is coursework to be completed while on the course, which is to be submitted online, however, the knowledge to complete this is provided while learning inside your business.
How much do I have to pay an apprentice?
Apprentices must be paid at least the national minimum wage for apprentices if they are aged 19 and under or aged 19 and over and in their first year of an apprenticeship.
Apprentices are often paid higher amounts as their skills develop and we encourage employers to do so
Would my apprentices have to go to college?
No, with our apprenticeships there is no formal need to attend college. All training is done in-house in your business via your apprentices dedicated assigned assessor.
Why choose us
We can help you to choose an apprenticeship course that is right for your employees, or support you with recruitment to fill an apprenticeship vacancy. We work closely with you and the learner will help to develop the skills needed for your setting. We offer a flexible and tailored approach to suit your business needs.
We are able to tap into a talent pool overlooked by many: identifying, training and placing fantastic emerging talent into apprenticeship roles.
Don’t just take our word for it, hear what some of our employers and learners have to say…
“Our experience with Aspiration Training has been a really positive one. Our assessor supported and challenged us throughout the apprenticeship, and empowered us to successfully achieve our qualifications within the allocated timescale.“