of our learners would recommend us
of learners say they have developed skills that help them in the workplace
of employers would recommend us
of Traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
Certificate in understanding children and young people’s mental health (QCF)
Are you interested in increasing your knowledge of children’s mental health? This distance learning course will allow you to develop your knowledge at your own pace, and in your own home.
This qualification aims to equip you with a more detailed understanding of mental health conditions that affect children and young people, the legislation and guidance surrounding mental health, risk factors that may affect mental well-being and the impact that mental health concerns may have on young people and others.
The course is made of up the following units:
- Understanding children’s and young people mental health in context
- Understanding factors which may affect children’s and young people mental health
- Understanding children’s and young people mental health concerns
- Understanding the impact of children’s and young people mental health concerns
- Understanding how to support children’s and young people with mental health concerns
- The learner must be 19+ as of past August
- Must hold level 1 qualification (any discipline)
- Not currently on an apprenticeship programme
- Lived in the UK past 3 years
- Access to computer/laptop (mobile phone platform not suitable)
- Any employment status
- Course duration 16 weeks
- Flexible working – complete at a time and date to suit learner
- Upon completion, learner receives Level 2 accredited certificate
- £449 + VAT
- You could be eligible for government funding of this course, meaning it won’t cost you anything. Please check your eligibility in our online checker below:
Due to certain areas being part of the devolved Adult Education Budget, we are unable to offer full funding of this course to all areas. To check whether you are eligible for a fully-funded course, please enter your home postcode above. This has to be where you live rather than your place of work. Our online checker will then show you whether you are eligible for full funding or not.
If you are not eligible for full funding, we can still offer you the course at the cost stated above. Please contact us for further details.