of our learners would recommend us
of our learners have passed their EPA with a Merit or Distinction
of employers would recommend us
of traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
Certificate in special education needs and disability (RQF)
The purpose of this qualification is to develop knowledge of special educational needs and disabilities, how individuals with SEND are impacted on a day to day basis, and how to support them to live independent and fulfilling lives.
This qualification is designed for learners who are currently in a role related to SEND or for those who are considering entering into the sector.
The course is made of up the following units:
- Introduction to special educational needs and disability
- Living with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Principles of promoting person centred approach for individuals with SEND
- Understanding equality and diversity in context of SEND
- Understanding SEND and learning
- The learner must be 19+ as of past August
- Must hold level 1 qualification (any discipline)
- Not currently on an apprenticeship programme
- Lived in the UK past 3 years
- Access to computer/laptop (mobile phone platform not suitable)
- Any employment status
- Course duration between 6 – 26 weeks
- Guided learning hours are 110 + 30 hours self-study
- Flexible working – complete at a time and date to suit learner
- Upon completion, learner receives Level 2 accredited certificate
- £449 + VAT
- You could be eligible for government funding of this course, meaning it won’t cost you anything. Please check your eligibility in our online checker (please format with a space i.e B97 4DL):
Due to certain areas being part of the devolved Adult Education Budget, we are unable to offer full funding of this course to all areas. To check whether you are eligible for a fully-funded course, please enter your home postcode above. This has to be where you live rather than your place of work. Our online checker will then show you whether you are eligible for full funding or not.
If you are not eligible for full funding, we can still offer you the course at the cost stated above. Please contact us for further details.