of our learners would recommend us
of our learners have passed their EPA with a Merit or Distinction
of employers would recommend us
of traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
Certificate in understanding the care and management of diabetes (QCF)
This nationally accredited qualification provides an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur. It covers how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes and aims to develop an understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care.
The qualification also covers the importance of ongoing care and the correct treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
The course is made of up the following units:
- Understanding diabetes
- Prevention and early intervention of type 2 diabetes
- Understanding initial care in diabetes
- Understanding treatment and management of diabetes
- Learner must be 19+ as of past August
- Must hold level 1 qualification (any discipline)
- Not currently on an apprenticeship programme
- Lived in UK past 3 years
- Access to computer/laptop (mobile phone platform not suitable)
- Any employment status
- Course duration 16 weeks
- Flexible working – complete at a time and date to suit learner
- Upon completion, learner receives Level 2 accredited certificate
- £449 + VAT
- You could be eligible for government funding of this course, meaning it won’t cost you anything. Please check your eligibility in our online checker in the right side bar (please format with a space i.e B97 4DL)
Due to certain areas being part of the devolved Adult Education Budget, we are unable to offer full funding of this course to all areas. To check whether you are eligible for a fully-funded course, please enter your home postcode above. This has to be where you live rather than your place of work. Our online checker will then show you whether you are eligible for full funding or not.
If you are not eligible for full funding, we can still offer you the course at the cost stated above. Please contact us for further details.