of our learners would recommend us
of learners say they have developed skills that help them in the workplace
of employers would recommend us
of Traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
Certificate in understanding behaviour that challenges (QCF)
This course is designed to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of behaviour that challenges and its effects and will support their progression into relevant employment.
The purpose of this qualification is to equip learners with an understanding of the common causes and triggers of behaviour that challenges. Learners will also develop an understanding of effective communication skills and deescalation techniques.
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners looking to improve your knowledge and awareness in this subject area, including those working within healthcare, social care and education contexts. The qualification is suitable for anyone wanting to learn how to respond to incidences of behaviour they may find challenging.
The course is made of up the following units:
- Understanding behaviour that challenges
- Understanding how to support positive behaviour
- Understanding effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- Understanding the role of reflection and support for those involved in behaviour that challenges
- Learner must be 19+ as of past August
- Must hold level 1 qualification (any discipline)
- Not currently on an apprenticeship programme
- Lived in UK past 3 years
- Access to computer/laptop (mobile phone platform not suitable)
- Any employment status
- Course duration 16 weeks
- Flexible working – complete at a time and date to suit learner
- Upon completion, learner receives Level 2 accredited certificate
- £449 + VAT
- You could be eligible for government funding of this course, meaning it won’t cost you anything. Please check your eligibility in our online checker in the right sidebar (please format with a space i.e B97 4DL)
Due to certain areas being part of the devolved Adult Education Budget, we are unable to offer full funding of this course to all areas. To check whether you are eligible for a fully-funded course, please enter your home postcode above. This has to be where you live rather than your place of work. Our online checker will then show you whether you are eligible for full funding or not.
If you are not eligible for full funding, we can still offer you the course at the cost stated above. Please contact us for further details.