of tutors as ‘good’ or better in teaching observations
of learners stay in employment
of visits go ahead as planned
of employees graded good or better for teaching and learning
Certificate in understanding behaviour that challenges (QCF)
This course is designed to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of behaviour that challenges and its effects and will support their progression into relevant employment.
The purpose of this qualification is to equip learners with an understanding of the common causes and triggers of behaviour that challenges. Learners will also develop an understanding of effective communication skills and deescalation techniques.
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners looking to improve your knowledge and awareness in this subject area, including those working within healthcare, social care and education contexts. The qualification is suitable for anyone wanting to learn how to respond to incidences of behaviour they may find challenging.
The course is made of up the following units:
- Understanding behaviour that challenges
- Understanding how to support positive behaviour
- Understanding effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- Understanding the role of reflection and support for those involved in behaviour that challenges
- Learner must be 19+ as of past August
- Must hold level 1 qualification (any discipline)
- Not currently on an apprenticeship programme
- Lived in UK past 3 years
- Access to computer/laptop (mobile phone platform not suitable)
- Any employment status
- Course duration 16 weeks
- Flexible working – complete at a time and date to suit learner
- Upon completion, learner receives Level 2 accredited certificate