of our learners would recommend us
of our learners have passed their EPA with a Merit or Distinction
of employers would recommend us
of traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
Certificate in the principles of dementia care (QCF)
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051.
It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high quality care..
The course is made of up the following units:
- Dementia awareness
- Person centred approach to the care and support of people with dementia
- Understanding the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand the equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understanding the administration of medication to persons with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Understanding behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understanding the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
- Learner must be 19+ as of past August
- Must hold level 1 qualification (any discipline)
- Not currently on an apprenticeship programme
- Lived in UK past 3 years
- Access to computer/laptop (mobile phone platform not suitable)
- Any employment status
- Course duration between 6 – 26 weeks
- Flexible working – complete at a time and date to suit learner
- Upon completion, learner receives Level 2 accredited certificate
- £449 + VAT
- You could be eligible for government funding of this course, meaning it won’t cost you anything. Please check your eligibility in our online checker in the right sidebar (please format with a space i.e B97 4DL)
Due to certain areas being part of the devolved Adult Education Budget, we are unable to offer full funding of this course to all areas. To check whether you are eligible for a fully-funded course, please enter your home postcode above. This has to be where you live rather than your place of work. Our online checker will then show you whether you are eligible for full funding or not.
If you are not eligible for full funding, we can still offer you the course at the cost stated above. Please contact us for further details.