of our learners would recommend us
of our learners have passed their EPA with a Merit or Distinction
of employers would recommend us
of traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
Certificate in the prevention and control of infection
Test for Gemma
An understanding of how to effectively prevent and control the spread of infection is crucial in ensuring that individuals do not unknowingly cause their family, friends, colleagues and any other people that they come into contact with to become unwell.
By completing this course, learners will be equipped with a greater understanding of how to prevent and control the spread of infection, both in the workplace and in the home. Learners will also gain knowledge of how to identify infections, as well as the different types of infection.
The course is made of up the following units:
- Causes and spread of infection
- The principles of infection prevention and control
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- The learner must be 19+ as of past August
- Must hold level 1 qualification (any discipline)
- Not currently on an apprenticeship programme
- Lived in the UK past 3 years
- Access to computer/laptop (mobile phone platform not suitable)
- Any employment status
- Course duration between 6 – 26 weeks
- Guided learning hours for this qualification is 106
- Flexible working – complete at a time and date to suit learner
- Upon completion, learner receives Level 2 accredited certificate
- £449 + VAT
- You could be eligible for government funding of this course, meaning it won’t cost you anything. Please check your eligibility in our online checker (please format with a space i.e B97 4DL):
Due to certain areas being part of the devolved Adult Education Budget, we are unable to offer full funding of this course to all areas. To check whether you are eligible for a fully-funded course, please enter your home postcode above. This has to be where you live rather than your place of work. Our online checker will then show you whether you are eligible for full funding or not.
If you are not eligible for full funding, we can still offer you the course at the cost stated above. Please contact us for further details.