Certificate in Dyslexia and Other Specific learning Difficulties
Approximately 15% of people are affected by Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs) including dyslexia, dyscalculia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD). As these SpLDs are so prevalent throughout society, developing our understanding is increasingly important.
The qualification is one we have written in conjunction with NCFE. In order to get it approved for funding we have had to give it an “umbrella” title for funding purposes, this is Level 2 Certificate In Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties.
In our resource we have put more of a slant towards the Dyslexia element, hence NCFE allowing us to call our resource books Dyslexia & Other Specific Learning Difficulties. We have put a paragraph in the workbooks which tell the learner the Certificate they receive will be the Level 2 Certificate In Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties.
Planned Learning Hours
Course Duration: 16 weeks
– Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
– Furthers personal and professional development
– No need to formally attend a college
– Receive a set of high-quality learner support materials
– Gain support from a dedicated team
– Employees gain a high standard of learning to support their roles
– Relevant to a wide variety of people and settings
– Provides assurances of well-trained employees
– Reduces the risk of prejudice and discrimination
– Provide support for individuals with SpLDs
– Health and Social Care
This qualification explores a range of SpLDs and their characteristics to help you identify the differences. Throughout this course, you will develop your understanding of the positive aspects and strengths of individuals with SpLDs in addition to exploring the effects of their SpLD and barriers they may face.
You will learn how to provide support for individuals with SpLDs with a focus on the individual themselves and their own unique needs, alongside gaining an understanding of the process of formal diagnosis of SpLDs. This course is ideal for anyone who works with individuals with SpLDs, or if you would like to increase your understanding to support a member of your family who has an SpLD.
Fully funded subject to eligibility