Dental Decontamination – Level 3
This course leads to the Certificate in Dental Decontamination qualification and is for people who work in a dental seting and decontaminate instruments and devices as part of their normal job role.
It is suitable for qualified dental nurses wishing to specialise in decontamination and also those new to dentistry who may with to progress to do the Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
How long is the course?
This course runs for 3 months (inclusive of workshops, observations and exam)
Achieving the qualification may enable learners to pursue career opportunities in decontamination or engage with further professional development. Learners who achieve the 3130-31 Level 3 Certificate in Dental Decontamination may progress to study qualifications such as the Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
How will the qualification be achieved?
- To complete this course you will need to be working in a dental setting, with access to the decontamination room.
- You will attend five workshops over the course of 3 months including the e-volve multiple choice test.
- The course follows the syllabus set out by City & Guilds and will give you the necessary knowledge and expertise to competently operate within a decontamination room and successfully pass the e-volve test.
- You will need to complete a set of written assessments and also a portfolio.
- Your assessor will undertake one observation in your workplace to assess competency.
There are no formal qualification requirements for the dental decontamination course.
How do I start?
If you are interested in this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, call our administration office on the number on the screen.
Want more information?
Call: 02921 175352
Please note that this course is currently only available in Wales*
Not the course for you? Why not try: