of tutors as ‘good’ or better in teaching observations
of learners stay in employment
of visits go ahead as planned
of employees graded good or better for teaching and learning
A dental receptionist is an essential part of the dental team and is normally the first point of contact for patients. Providing excellent levels of customer service, the dental receptionist undertakes a wide range of roles which contribute to the performance and professionalism of the dental practice.
Our dental receptionist course is an insight into the duties of a dental receptionist, including the non-clinical aspects within a practice to achieve excellent patient care, quality and performance.
The dental receptionist course is split into two half day sessions and will cover the following units:
- The role of the receptionist – the duties and tasks a dental receptionist is responsible for
- Providing reception services – exploring the purpose of reception services in offering a professional, personable image for the dental practice
- Principles of customer relationships – understanding the needs of customers and effective customer relationship management
- Principles of equality and diversity – understanding the role of equality and diversity in the dental practice and delivering excellent patient care
- Workplace observation – using your knowledge from day one, you will be observed in the workplace by an assessor where you will demonstrate your provision of reception services and equality and diversity through your role as dental receptionist
The content of the course refers to the General Dental Council’s (GDC) nine principles and how their standards form the basis of a professional dental practice.
The course is delivered by our e-portfolio system Smart Assessor, which offers a virtual learning environment where you have access to:
- Course resources
- Tutor-led online workshops
- Submission and feedback of course work, which includes a reflection activity on what you have learned
Learners will also complete a workplace observation with their tutor to cover the performance elements of this qualification. At the end of the dental receptionist course successful students will be awarded a certificate by Aspiration Training and attracts 6 hours of verifiable CPD, which meets the following GDC development outcomes:
A – Effective communication with patients, the dental team and others across dentistry, including when obtaining consent, dealing with complaints, and raising concerns when patients are at risk
B – Effective management of self and effective management of others or effective work with others in the dental team, in the interests of patients; providing constructive leadership where appropriate
C – Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice
D – Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients’ interests first
£249 + VAT
All course days are half day knowledge and half day observation
We can run these courses either face-to-face or remotely, please let us know what your preference is when booking.