of tutors as ‘good’ or better in teaching observations
of learners stay in employment
of visits go ahead as planned
of employees graded good or better for teaching and learning
Dental professionals have a responsibility to ensure a safe practice environment for patients and staff through effective decontamination procedures. Our dental decontamination introductory course will cover the essential information you need to know, providing you with an overview of infection control procedures and how they are implemented in your practice.
The course will also serve as a refresher course which is ideal for dental professionals.
- The dental decontamination course is one half day session and will cover the following aspects:
- Introduction Infectious conditions
- Principles of infection control
- Hand hygiene
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Water quality
- Instrument decontamination and sterilisation
The course is delivered by our e-portfolio system Smart Assessor, which offers a virtual learning environment where you have access to:
- Course resources
- Tutor-led online workshops
- Submission and feedback of course work, which includes a reflection activity on what you have learned
At the end of the dental decontamination course successful students will be awarded a certificate by Aspiration Training and attracts 5 hours of verifiable CPD, which meets the following GDC development outcomes:
C – Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice
D – Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients’ interests first
We can run these courses either face-to-face or remotely, please let us know what your preference is when booking.