of our learners would recommend us
of learners say they have developed skills that help them in the workplace
of employers would recommend us
of Traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
Dental professionals have a responsibility to ensure a safe practice environment for patients and staff through effective decontamination procedures. Our dental decontamination introductory course will cover the essential information you need to know, providing you with an overview of infection control procedures and how they are implemented in your practice.
The course will also serve as a refresher course which is ideal for dental professionals.
- The dental decontamination course is one half day session and will cover the following aspects:
- Introduction Infectious conditions
- Principles of infection control
- Hand hygiene
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Water quality
- Instrument decontamination and sterilisation
The course is delivered by our e-portfolio system Smart Assessor, which offers a virtual learning environment where you have access to:
- Course resources
- Tutor-led online workshops
- Submission and feedback of course work, which includes a reflection activity on what you have learned
At the end of the dental decontamination course successful students will be awarded a certificate by Aspiration Training and attracts 5 hours of verifiable CPD, which meets the following GDC development outcomes:
C – Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice
D – Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients’ interests first
We can run these courses either face-to-face or remotely, please let us know what your preference is when booking.