Dental Nursing – Decontamination Lead Workshop
In accordance with HTM01/05 and WHTM01/05 regulations, and the HCAI code of practice; there is a requirement for an individual to oversee and implement infection control and decontamination within the dental practice. The responsibility of the decontamination lead is to establish quality systems, procedures and records are in place, and also ensure that all staff are trained and competent.
The aim of the workshop is to provide the nominated lead decontamination nurse with the necessary skills and understanding in order to disseminate relevant information to colleagues, and competently undertake tasks in accordance with WHTM01/05 and HTM01/05.
How long is the course?
This one day workshop attracts 5 verifiable CPD hours
The decontamination lead one day workshop is aimed at qualified dental nurses who will be undertaking a lead role within the decontamination room in practice.
This one day workshop will consist of tutor led theory, group discussion, individual activities and concludes with an online interactive refresher.
- You will understand the importance of the “Decontamination Lead” Role.
- You will understand the responsibilities of the lead and other practice staff
- You will undertake an audit activity to identify necessary changes
- You will be able to implement change within practice in accordance with regulations
- You will be able to access the WHTM01/05 document and audit tool to support any necessary updates to policies and procedures
- You will be able to access relevant support and guidance to ensure best practice
You are required to be a qualified dental nurse to complete this workshop.
How do I start?
Want more information?
Call: 0292 117 5352
Please note that this course is currently only available in Wales*
Not the course for you? Why not try: